This photograph details a creek baptism on 6 June 1915. The Whitesville Church started in 1870 by Elders Oliver B. Wilson and Joel Ridge (from Ladoga Christian Church). These men went to Whitesville to help organize a group of worshipers. In 1871 the first Sunday School was led by Shepherd Buchanan and by 1874 there were 83 members on the roll. It is likely one of the men in the creek is Rev. Joseph E. Myers. Myers began at Whitesville in 1914.