|Donated by Isobel Arvin|
Frank Johnson has a teaching examination record for 1889 in the Teacher Examination database (Johnson's home mailing address was Waveland in 1889). The Patton family owned land where the school house was in Section 21 of Brown Township, so it is possible this school was named after the family. In the Waveland history books, School #11 was not given a name, and plat maps only show S.H. (for school house).