Boldt Mill in background - bridge at Vine Street, Waynetown
The grist mill was built in 1873 by the Gray Brothers and William Rider. This steam mill was then owned by George D. Brown and then the Citizens Bank of Crawfordsville. T.H. Boldt purchased the mill from the bank. Later C.A. Snyder became the owner, but T.H. and his son Ernest W. (Boldt & Son) repurchased the mill. Sadly, T.H. lost his life in 1938 (13 years after his wife). Ernest
W. preceded his father in death and Ernest's son passed in November of
1942 as a Private in the war. Frederick W. Kruger was a miller at this location for over thirty-three years and utilized his knowledge of Germany & Holland's windmills to modernize the machinery and assist the owners with a successful business.