Sometimes we get very close to something we would really like to see. In an old scrapbook from the Tuttle Parent-Teacher Association 1945-1953, a photo was originally pasted inside the front cover and then later partially torn out before the scrapbook came to us. On closer examination, this photo is evidently a clear view of the original Tuttle building (which opened in 1906 at a cost of $20,000). This building was used until 1960 when it was demolished and replaced by the current Joseph F. Tuttle Middle School on the same spot. The photo was taken from the west side of the building, from South Elm Street. It is too bad that this photo is now incomplete because we have so few good photos of the "old" Tuttle building even though it was a local landmark over half a century!